Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hey, it was really no problem.

Hey guys.  I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, and I know that you all have been thinking about what I've been thinking about for a while now too.  This google thing seems like the perfect way to fulfill all our needs. And guys, I don't want you to feel guilty about this blog.  I know that it seems great for you and time-consuming for me, but remember, I've been thinking about starting it for a while. So really, it's no problem.

I've wanted to start a blog for some time now.  It's not so much that I think my thoughts are that worthwhile, it's more that I'm really excited about the careers out there for a blogger.  I love reading blogs. I love reading things on the Internet, be they newspapers, magazines, top-ten lists or, of course, blogposts. And being a college student, unsure about the future and looking for a potential passion, blogger seems like a great job. A blogger gets to wake up and read all the things he loves to read, comment on them, come up with new ideas and then get paid for it at the end of the week. That might be something I'd like to do.

The first post of any blog should always explain why the blog exists, the reason for the rambling. Maybe I've made it seem like I've started this because I like other blogs, or because I want you to know what I'm thinking about. Honestly though, I'm just jealous of my friends who have gone abroad for the semester and have great excuses for starting blogs. It's great to go to an exotic place and keep your friends and family updated on your international escapades.  But I'm selfish. I want you to know what I'm doing regardless of my location. And something tells me you all really want to read what I have to say. It's not that I'm super interesting; ya'll are just really bored. That gives me an opening. I know you're busy, but let me entertain you in those few moments you get to yourself. I'm not always going to make you laugh, but making you think will be success enough.

Please though, give me feedback and criticism.  I can't promise you profundity or prolificity, but I'll try my best and I'll listen. If there is something you want commentary on, tell me. If there is something you don't like, let me know.  If you really enjoy my thoughts and you want to get more personal, keep in mind that I'm into ladies, and then consider giving me a phone number.  Seriously though, I hope we're off to a good start.  Please enjoy the blog and if you're don't, tell me or read something else. Whatever. I don't need you. (I do, I'll just never admit it. This doesn't count)

No comments:

Post a Comment